For ages people have looked in religion for answers for those things they could not understand, later they started searching more in the subject of science they thought could handle, but later in years also came to see that their they often worked with a wet finger and had it totally wrong.
Who shall tell?
In any case for believers there is a book of books that tells a lot of mankind, the past but also the future. It is the knowledge of histories and prophesies in that book, the Bible, that we can have not such a bad figure of what may come up to us. That Book of books proofed that the many words written in it became and where a truth, so why not for those things which still have to happen?
“Seminar: Brexit and Bible Prophecy”.
which started him thinking about religion again.
He looks at the way how people sought to expound the things they came to witness around them and in nature.
We remember from his words:
- religion developing as a means of understanding the world
- details didn’t matter too much to people
- original idea of evil spirit embedded in a mythos or body of myths
- whole structure of myths + stories got inflated into a cosmology & a rationale for the way things were => as if that was the way things were, + to some extent = correct.
- scientific revolution => most societies on Earth recognise earthquakes + landslides not caused by malevolent supernatural beings > by forces of nature <=== taught to kids ==> learn to distinguish truth + fact
- vast majority of religious officials would have really believe the religious corpus
- cultures coming into contact => mismatch in religious beliefs => religious wars, crusades & jihads
- religion = subject in schools, like maths or geography => dissociated from feelings + belief => uneasy when people believe deeply in religion
- horrified by radicals + extreme cults
- Science = explanation of the world, observation based ===>> Maybe our descendants may look on science as we look on religion, as necessary, but ultimately wrong headed view of life.
- Words in the world
- A Word and helping sites to give answers
- Looking for Answers
- Are you looking for answers and Are you looking for God
- About a human being or not and life
- The I Am to explore
- Gone astray, away from God
- Faith because of the questions
- When you don’t know what to do and hate yourself
- Does God answer prayer?
- The truth is very plain to see and God can be clearly seen
- God’s never-ending stream of much-needed mercies
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #6 Words to feed and communicate
- Fragments from the Book of Job #7 Epilogue
- A Story of the Soldier and a Spider
- Leaving behind the lives we have touched.
- the primitive as reaction, pt. 2
- Cara Wall Scheffler: What anthropology can tell us about the origins of religious behaviour
- Belief in moralistic gods makes people generous—towards coreligionists
- “Judeo-christian values” — already tried that
- Formula for atheism is criticism without abstraction
- Religiosity: Saving Jesus
- Impact of Globalization on the Socio-Religious Values of the Igbo People
- England and Wales are now predominantly nonreligious
- Millennials & Though less religious than older Americans, they are just as spiritual #PewResearch #Organixbook
- Religiosity & Americans Skeptical Of God But Think Heaven Is Real, Somehow
- Tennessee legislature repeals religious defense for parents who hurt their children by withholding medical care
- The Pridefulness In Asking WWJD
- Open thread: Susan Jacoby talks about people who go through religious conversion
- Religious countries are more unhappy
- Unbelief hurts
- Debunking Myths in Private Practice
- There never was a norse pantheon
- The Vanir Sail to Asgard, Heid comes to life and Njord and Frey take the power as “hostages”
- Greek Mythology: Typhoeus (Typhon) – Gaia’s last hope
- Halal Has No Links To “Terrorism”
- Hypatia says….
- Wide Asleep
- Young immigrants to Canada passionate about spirituality: Todd
- The God of Our Misunderstanding
- Systems stink
- Why I don’t pay “tithe” anymore
- Disengaged (released, freed)
- An Intro to Me – An Invitation to You
- Muslim refugees in Germany threaten ‘impure’ Christians
- Muslims sue Town That Refused Permission for a Mosque
- I no longer identify as a Christian
- Another Example Of Why Beliefs Matter
- “So don’t be intimidated by all this bully talk.” ~Jesus
- Relating With Your Enemies (4)
- Humanity Overtaking Insanity
- Where Have All the Good Times Gone?
- Wings Of The Morning
Seen on the signboard of a Christadelphian Church : “Seminar: Brexit and Bible Prophecy”. What?? Anyway, that started me thinking about religion again.
In the days that religion was developing as a means of understanding the world, when natural occurrences like storms and earthquakes were hypothesised to be caused by supernatural agencies, such as spirits and gods, the details didn’t matter too much to people.
If your neighbour believed an evil spirit caused a landslide, it didn’t matter too much if he thought that the spirit was male, while you categorised it as female, and your other neighbour didn’t assign the spirit a gender at all.
Eventually problems arose with this approach. When Johnny arrived home…
View original post 1,113 more words