Who does not know the popular topical debate television BBC programme “Question Time” based on BBC Radio 4‘s debate radio programme Any Questions?, which is usually broadcast on Thursday evenings on BBC One after the late news (and slightly later in Northern Ireland). Repeats are usually broadcast in the following days on BBC Two and BBC Parliament. You can also catch up with previous episodes via BBC iPlayer, and listen to the most recent debate in full via BBC Radio 5 live.
In front of a live audience with a single take recording, precisely as if it were broadcast live, David Dimbleby as a major presenter of current affairs programmes and documentaries for BBC television knows to catch his public.
In 2007 the BBC commissioned a new programme called The Big Questions, which has a similar format to Question Time but focuses on ethical and religious issues. It is broadcast on BBC One on Sunday mornings between 10am and 11am and usually presented by Nicky Campbell. Both programmes are produced by Mentorn Media. Each week, in the faith and ethics television programme replacing The Heaven and Earth Show as the BBC’s religious discussion programme, panel and audience debate three ethical, moral or religious topics which featured in the week’s news.
In those shows you might have found notable atheists, like Richard Dawkins, converts to Roman Catholicism like Ann Widdecombe, but also Imam Ibrahim Mogra, Muslim commentator Mohammed Ansar, Scottish philosopher John Joseph Haldane, Bible scholar Francesca Stavrakopoulou, Lord Carey, Jonathan Bartley, Peter Hitchens, Alexander Goldberg, Ian McMillan, Andrew Pinsent, Stephen Law, Tommy Robinson, Michael Nazir-Ali, Samuel Westrop and Decca Aitkenhead.
All those big names you probably would not find on the simple new website Qusetiontime-Vragenuurtje from ‘Flanders Fields’.
But at that place there is also made time free for asking questions and is taken time to look at certain or possible answers on many questions humans can have in their head. It is hoped for that several people shall find their way to that place to come up with more questions and answers and would not mind sharing their information on certain subjects around our way of life, ethics, faith and religion. It shall look at monotheistic as well as polytheistic-religions.
To start of the site looked first at the beginning of everything, wondering what caused everything to start coming into existence. It questions if there is something or somewhat or even Some One behind it all. Looking at man and how he tried to find explanations for everything the site can not be blind for the worship of or belief in multiple deities, which are usually assembled into a pantheon of gods and goddesses, along with their own religions and rituals. When looking at history we also can find that there where doubts if there different gods responsible for the different things we can see, or if there was just One Creator God responsible for the Big Beginning or was there just a Big Bang from nothing?
In the 7th and 10th article is discussed how there are many primal ancient gods or creator gods worshipped in the world. When looking at history we can see many peoples have chosen to have mother goddesses and father gods, but we must also be aware that from ancient times there have been people who choose only to believe in One existent Divine True Creator God, Jehovah. It seems that many people had and have an other perception of God.
Surprisingly also by people who worship one God there are different names to be found. The most known and worshipped ‘singular’ gods being Yahweh and Jehovah, though for the name Yawheh we must be well aware that there was in ancient times (Iron time: 1200-900 BCE) also the pagan god with that name who was part of a pantheon of Canaanite gods. the same as we may find a tri-une god by several Christians, there have been other bi-une, tri-une and four-une gods.
At the site there shall be looked at how in most religions which accept polytheism, the different gods and goddesses are representations of forces of nature or ancestral principles, and can be viewed either as autonomous or as aspects or emanations of a creator God or transcendental absolute principle (monistic theologies), which manifests immanently in nature (panentheistic and pantheistic theologies).
You are kindly invited to come and have a look at the new site, where you are also welcome to have your say.
Find additional reading
- A Place for Questions
- New platform for questions and answers
- The very very beginning 1 Creating Gods
- Six Things you might not Know about BBC Question Time
- Question Time event returns
- Question Time could be interesting today
- Continuing futility | Question time
- Question Time Wrath
- Growing old gracefully
- Is It Just Me: Horrified After Question Time?
- Don’t go to bed angry
- Question Time from Stirling.
- Question – Who do you look up to?
- Can I Question Time?
- Starting something futile | Question Time
- The Big British Ed Debate: Grammar vs Comp
- Question Time
- Sunday Short & Sweet – The Beautiful Glory of God
- Created in God’s image
- In the Image of God?
- In God’s Image
- Nuggets – God’s Image
- My self image vs God’s image of me…
- Self image and God image
- Our Image
- Image of God
- There is a difference between God’s “image” and God’s “likeness”.
- I Am God’s Impeccable Image
- Who Is This God?
- Who Is the Real God?
- What is God Really Like?
- Pagan Gods – The Deities of Powerful Ancient Civilizations
- God the Mother
- The True God
- The One True God?
- Christmas Without All The Trimmings
- America Worships Pagan Gods
- A Christian Testimony and the Norse Gods
- “Anti Christ Beliefs and Christian Beliefs Do Not Mix” by Dr.J.
- Eve is Mother-in-Heaven
- Rawhead Rex: An Answer to my Pagan Prayers
- Multiple Gods, Multiple Practices
- Using Your Gifts for the Gods
- Is Getting Tattoos a Sin against God?
- Debunking Anti-Christ Rhetoric Part 1-B
- Does Scripture Support Substitution Theology? Part B
- “And Yet… ” Part 1, Playing with paganism
- Is Hinduism the Truth?
- Mormons Have More gods than Hindus
- A Fearful Secret
- The New Places Of Worship
- The gods of our society
- Forgetting the Glory of God
- Penalty for Serving False Gods