For many Westerners it is difficult to know the different outer garments of Muslim women. Some of them have totally a wrong idea about how a certain garment may really look like. this makes some even to be against some clothing which was also regular female dress in our regions up to the 1960ies.
It is nice to be able to see the differentiates explained so clearly in the article by “an independent” who was a Beverly Hills Democratic Party lawn party member in Cheviot Hills (immediately south of Beverly Hills).
Hijab, niqab, burka = lots of different kinds of coverings worn by Muslim women all over the world.
- Peeling off the oppressive layer
- Burqa, Niqāb and Analogies
- The Burqa Question(s)
- Muslim Masks: Niqab and Burqa
- Islamism, Feminism & Defiance
- Richard Dawkins on Palestine, Jews, Science and the Burqa – Newsnight
- Why Are We So Terrified of Muslim Women?
- Hijabs Oppress Women! Unless It’s For Fashion…..
- Veiled Mystery
- Chances of Love
- The burqas are better in Langkawi
- Liberal dictators?
- Get Your Face Out for The Lads
- Is the Burqa truly Islamic?
- Burqas/Veils – liberating feminist attire or misogynistic throwback to primitive superstition?
- The Fashionable Strangers
- Unveiled: It’s now NO burqa or €405 fine in Netherlands
- Afghan artist challenges the burqa through graffiti
- Gisele Bundchen Wears Burqa To Visit Plastic Surgeon
- Opinion of the Day: Bündchen and the Burqa
- Who cares if supermodel Gisele wears a burqa?
- When Salman Khan wore a burqa
- Comfortable Outfit for College
- A Week Of Women – Day 1
- Ban Burqa – Full body Islamic covering
- To ban or not ban the burqa?
- On The Naqab Debate
- Debate Surrounding the Full-Face Veil: France, Belgium and Spain
- And the Debate About the Full-Face Veil Continues in Spain…
- On the niqab…
- On Veil Bans and Cultural Contradictions – Excerpt
- French Police Reminding Travelers Of The Burqa Ban In French Alps
- Cameroon Bans Burqa In Far North Region
- The dream
- On International Women’s Day, Clothes and Being Female
- Reflections of a Muslim Woman in a post 9/11 World
- Le regard des hommes
- Muslimah, Buang Saja Jilbabmu
- Il tuo burqa finisce dove inizia la mia libertà. Ode al Ticino.
- PEW RESEARCH: How People in Muslim Countries Believe Women Should Dress (directorblue.blogspot.com)
- Christian professor wears Hijab – Zionists hit the Wall (rehmat1.com)
- Thea Porter, Godmother of Bohemian Chique (agnautacouture.com)
- The Lights That Failed: Terrorism Double Standards in San Bernardino, Paris…and Baicheng? (counterpunch.org)
- Human rights campaigner heckled at blasphemy lecture (telegraph.co.uk)
- Meditating Muslimah on “hijab to be a religious obligation” (steppingtoes.wordpress.com)
- Inside ISIS capital Raqqa with beheadings, crucifixions and bombs in the sky (dailymail.co.uk)
The final debate prior to a national election in Canada for the prime minister’s position was partially focused on the right of Muslim women to wear a niqab. The number of Muslims in Canada is about 1 million people. According to Canada’s 2011 National Household Survey about 3.2% of the Canadian population, making them the second largest religion after Christianity. Muslims are not likely to influence the outcome of the election. The dilemma for western nations is the question of acceptance of Muslims. If their growing numbers results in sharia law taking priority over national laws then there will be a problem.
So what is a niqab? The BBC offered the following explanation and drawings of the various head covering used by Muslim women.
Hijab, niqab, burka – there are lots of different kinds of coverings worn by Muslim women all over the world.
Some wear a headscarf to cover their…
View original post 268 more words