In this contemporary world with many refugees coming into our regions from Muslim countries, lots of people become afraid their culture may take over ours. Undoubtedly the last ten years we have seen the dresses of many women changing to less colourful hip fashionable dresses into monotone long dresses which are associated with Muslim faith.
With the knowledge that observing hijab and covering the woman’s face in front of men would be established in the saheeh Sunnah that explains the Book of Allah according certain groups of Muslims. We should know that not all groups or denominations of the Islam do restrict women with strict dress codes which seem to limit their freedom, according our Western view.
It seems that certain Muslim women are convinced that the words
“and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)”
When we want to live in a free democratic state we should allow to everybody the right to live according to their faith. This means that we also should respect those women who do want to cover their face with a veil, like they consider their religion wanting this from them.
- Vernon Hills students join their Muslim peers in wearing hijabs (dailyherald.com)
- Muslim Students Association Hosts High School ‘Walk a Mile in Her Hijab’ Event (dailysurge.com)
- Live now: Buckhorn, leaders on Muslim support (abcactionnews.com)
- Wheaton College Professor Comes Out Wearing Hijab, Quotes ‘Pope Francis’: ‘We All Worship Same God’ (christiannews.net)
- Young Muslim Americans say discrimination is ‘worse now than after 9/11’ (fusion.net)
- School Forces Students to Write ‘There Is No God But Allah’ (patriotupdate.com)
- Wheaton College professor wears hijab as sign of solidarity (dailyherald.com)
- Christian professor wears Hijab – Zionists hit the Wall (rehmat1.com)
- Fleeing The Hijab (everydaygyaan.com)
- The Legality of Muslim Exclusion (acslaw.org)