The English concept of a “Name” and the Hebrew concept of a “Name” aren’t exactly the same thing.
*** In English ***:
• A name is a collection of phonetic sounds with no apparent meaning to English ears. There are exceptions to that like “Hope” or “Faith”, but most names come from foreign languages and mean something in a foreign language, but mean nothing in English. So English ears EXPECT to hear a meaningless string of syllables for a “name”.
• A title describes your role and/or what you do.
*** In Hebrew ***:
• A Name describes your character, your role, what you do, something about you or your life, where you were born, etc.
• A title is a name. Since a Hebrew “name” has meaning, there is not the same distinction between a “title” and a “name” which exists in English. Hebrew uses the word “shem” for what we would call a “name” and for what we would call a “title” in English. “Wonderful”, “Counselor” and “Prince of Peace” are called NAMES (shems) in Isaiah chapter 9.
Too often people are mixing the Biblical characters and using titles as names. They do it for elements like word, wisdom, adversary, opposition, god, a.o..
Having lots of modern Bible-translations having omitted the names of the proper character it has been made more difficult for people to know about whom is been spoken. the omitting of God’s Name and replacing it with Lord, later in the years even omitting capitals, people came to confuse Christ Jesus with his heavenly Father and vice versa.
We all should be very careful to recognise the proper names of all Biblical figures and to understand what their title means.
- No Other Name (But Jesus)
- Spelling Yahshuah (יהשע) vs Hebrew using Yehoshuah (יהושע)
- Lord or Yahuwah, Yeshua or Yahushua
- True riches
- I Will Cause Your Name To Be Remembered
- Hashem השם, Hebrew for “the Name”
- Use of /Gebruik van Jehovah or/of Yahweh in Bible Translations/Bijbel vertalingen
- The Divine name of the Creator
- The NIV and the Name of God
- 2001 Translation an American English Bible
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name
- Attributes, Names and titles of God
- Archeological Findings the name of God YHWH
- Keep Pressing! #InstarationDevo (armansheffey.com)
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus
- Rule and Reign (activeinspiration.wordpress.com)
We Christians are blessed with the Righteousness of our Lord Jesus the Christ, and in the world to come its value will be recognized when we rule and reign with our Savior Christ Jesus
- Scripture of the Day, 2/5 (sowegalive.com)
God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
- Citizens Of Another World (birdchirp.wordpress.com)
True Christians are pilgrims and strangers in a strange land. Not only is our citizenship in heaven, but positionally we are now seated in Christ Jesus in the heavenlies. We are dead, and our lives are hid with Christ in God.
- Praise Him (mylordmyfriend.com)
We can never Praise God enough, here are a few reasons to Praise Him more. The God that loves us is Great, Praise Him:
Psalm 48 verse1: “Great is The Lord and greatly to be Praised”.
- The Holy One maneuvers throughout all seasons: to nourish those yearning to choose (authorrubengarza.wordpress.com)
Got a knack or need for Religious Freedom? You’re not alone! Jesus foretold there would be haggling between brothers and sister, friend and foe, and even those who should be first would be last to inherit Grace.
- What does the Bible say the End Times Churches will Look like (endtimesprophecyreport.com)
So while there is much agreement that we are living in the end times, there is little agreement as to what that means for the Church. The Bible tells us what the end times Church will look like.
- Slave to Fear? (sharingloveandtruth.org)
Join me today in thanking God for the limitless life we are free to live in Christ Jesus the Lord!
- The Soldier He Called Me to Be (fullofrosesinspirationals.wordpress.com)
Was a sword like Excalibur placed inside me
A sword of the spirit, to set captives free
The soldier He called me to be
- Evangelism (hiwaychristian.wordpress.com)
On the days I thought important things happened to me, millions of others experienced their own significant occurrences. Not a single one of them saw the days I saw. Yet time moved forward for us all. The calendar chimed in unison. But the entirety of humanity saw a richly variegated symphony of experiences.
There is one significant occurrence that should happen to all men. Every man should be able to say he has accepted Christ Jesus as his Lord. This is the only common thread we can share for eternity. How that comes to be is also a richly variegated symphony of experiences.
The Blue Letter Bible has published a page with information taken from the whole Bible about the God we worship, Jesus Christ. Seeing all the names, titles and other attributes with which he is labeled in both the Old and New Testaments and contemplating those titles and their meaning to me personally is a wonderful way to worship Him. Worshiping Him is what we are made for. Worshiping Him is what those who know Him will do for all eternity. These Name, Titles and Attributes allow practice in this life.
Here is the first list of names, titles, and characters. More are to come. Please use these to worship your God now.
Thank you Blue Letter Bible for this summary.
View original post 282 more words