Being aware that the Greek word psuche/psyche means “a living, breathing creature,” referring to man, animal or plant, we as human beings should not consider “Soul” meaning something immortal inside of man or animal. Those plants and animals, like human beings or souls shall die and deteriorate. For all of them it shall be the same, having decay coming over them.
The Holy Scriptures remind everybody that they shall wither or like animal and plants become nothing again, like they were nothing before they were born. We as human beings, be it father, mother, daughter or son, we all have a sinful nature and like all those that sin, we shall die.
The Creator provided a universe with living beings. Man was created by God to inhabit the earth. The Divine Creator, the Elohim Hashem Jehovah, took care that there became an animated existence. He created things which received life because He allowed it to be it, in that being.
Immortality or the non death of the soul and or the spirit is a non-Biblical teaching which we do have to put aside as Platonism, not belonging in true Christianity, though it may be the cornerstone of many Christian Churches.
There is the breath of life (nesh-aw-maw) which (figuratively) returns to God when a person, the living fleshy soul (nephesh) dies. There is not at all a separation to take place and as such real Christians should not follow the teachings of ancient Greek writers that man is soul (immortal) and body (mortal), and the two can be separated.
Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #1 Intro
Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #2 Psyche, the word
Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #3 Historical background
Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #4 Psyche, According to the Holy Scriptures
Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #5 Mortality of man and mortality of the spirit
People Seeking for God 5 Bread of life
Autumn traditions for 2014 – 4 Blasphemy and ridiculing faith in God
- Genesis – Story of creation 4 Genesis 2:16-25 Warning for Adam and Eve
- Genesis – Story of creation 5 Genesis 3:1-12 Eating of the fruit-tree of knowledge
- Dying or not
- What happens when we die?
- Immortality, eternality – onsterfelijkheid, eeuwigheid
- Decomposition, decay – vergaan, afsterven, ontbinding
- Grave, tomb, sepulchre – graf, begraafplaats, rustplaats, sepulcrum
- A philosophical error which rejects the body as part of the human person
- Building up the spirit of the soul
- We will all be changed
- We all are changed into the same image from glory to glory
- A Mundane Existance
- Material gain to honour God
- The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around
- God loving people justified
- The key to happiness – A Saturday thought (tonylobl.com)
- What it really means to be an Atheist. (sight66.com)
- Get Back Up and Keep Going (faithhopeandmiracles.com)
- Luke 3.1-6 “Time to Straighten Up” 20151206 RSUMC Advent2 (mysundaysermons.com)
- They, Them and There (veroniquepalmer.com)
- Meaning of a Savior – part 6 (completejoy.wordpress.com)