The Times, January 21, 2022
Western negotiators have said that talks to rescue the Iran nuclear deal are on the point of collapse because Tehran’s nuclear programme is advancing faster than diplomatic progress towards an agreement. After talks on Thursday, Jean-Yves Le Drian, the French foreign minister, said the discussions were in a “life-threatening emergency”.
“There is partial, timid and slow progress, but negotiations cannot continue at such a slow pace while, in parallel, Iran’s nuclear programme advances so rapidly,”
he said. President Biden said this week that the talks were moving forward and it was not time to give up. However, European negotiators have been warning for months that there is little sign of a deal being struck any time soon. Antony Blinken, the US secretary of state, said that western powers might withdraw from the talks soon.
“We are indeed at a decisive moment,”
It seems as if many crisis’s are all coming to a head at the same time. Not only is Ukraine on the brink of war – possibly the most serious event since World War 2 – we also have Iran talks on the edge of a cliff as well. It is no coincidence that all these things are coming together at once.
The Bible says the world will enter a time of trouble such as never was. It makes sense then that multiple crisis’s will develop at the same time. Iran is the power behind the initial inner ring war involving Israel’s neighbours – Hamas, Hezbollah, Syria. This deal (or lack of it) could spark this inner ring war around Israel. As one commentator put it..
“The Iranians, under their new president, Ebrahim Raisi, smell weakness, especially since the rushed western exit from Afghanistan. In Biden, they see a president with no fight. And they want comprehensive revenge…”
In the Bible we find
Say to the nations far and wide:
“Get ready for war! Call out your best warriors. Let all your fighting men advance for the attack. Hammer your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Train even your weaklings to be warriors. Come quickly, all you nations everywhere. Gather together in the valley.” (Joel 3:9-11 NLT)
Find this weeks Weekly World Watch: Download this week’s WWW or or Download as a PDF
Find also to read
- A watchman seeing the sword coming
- Signs of the Times – A boost for Israel
- Israel featured twice on list of potential 2022 conflicts
- PM warns Vladimir Putin against ‘tragic mistake’ as tensions rise with Ukraine
- Moscow lists demands for defusing Ukraine tensions
- Sings of the times – Difficult moments at the borders of Europe
- Iran shows off rocket launch to raise pressure in nuclear deal talks
- Nuclear-War Risk Minimized in Rare Statement by Weapon States
- Are we shambling into WWIII?
- British troops deployed to Polish border as tensions with Russia rise
- Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Russian troop movements
- Biden predicts Russia will attack Ukraine but warns Putin of a ‘stiff price’
- Putin is sabre-rattling at the West’s moment of maximum weakness
Pingback: Iran taunts Israel by testing missile named after medieval Jewish defeat | Stepping Toes
Pingback: The forgotten Syria – Some View on the World