From Bible in the news
Honest Reporting recently rounded off an examination of instances of YouTube banning content by saying:
“To paraphrase a quote wrongly attributed to Orwell but which resonates strongly today as we seemingly edge towards the dystopian society that he predicted: ‘In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.’”
We are living in a time of “universal deceit”, this is exactly what the Lord Jesus said it would be in Revelation 16. Jesus specifically warned his servants who would be living just before his coming, that it would be a time of deceit and falsehood.
Media Bias and against Israel
During the recent war when Israel was attacked by Hamas in Gaza, there were many examples of deceit in the media. The mainstream media as usual, emphasized Israel’s operations in Gaza against the terrorist organization Hamas, over the 4300 + rockets fired by Hamas at Israeli civilian centres. Here are some examples of deceptive media reports during the conflict.
A CNN analysis was entitled
“Hell has been unleashed in Gaza”
and is typical of the type of the reporting on Israel in the mainstream media. Reading the analysis any logical person would think that Israel had unleashed hell on Gaza. However, Hamas had started the war and by the time of the “analysis” had fired well over 1000 missiles targeting Israeli civilian centres. In order to find this out, you have to read to about halfway through. Seeing that on average only 16% of people read a webpage word for word and seeing that readers will on average only read 20% of the text on a page, most CNN readers will never know this. The analysis does state near the beginning that,
“Since Monday evening, Israel’s aerial operation has left more than 60 Gazans dead, militants among them, but more civilians, according to figures from the Gaza-based Palestinian health ministry. More than a dozen of them were children.”
A few crucial pieces of information are missing from this sentence. First the “Gaza-based Palestinian health ministry” is operated by the terrorist group Hamas — their numbers simply cannot be trusted. Secondly at least half of the quoted number of casualties of children were killed by a rocket fired by Hamas that didn’t reach its target. The Al Mezan Center for Human Rights in Gaza documented a Hamas rocket that fell short of its target and killed 8 civilians including 6 children.
Seeing that the terror organizations fire their rockets from civilian areas away from the periphery of the region, the rockets have to travel over civilian areas in Gaza before reaching Israel. During the war in Gaza, Hamas and Islamic Jihad fired, as already stated, 4,300+ rockets, targeting Israeli civilian centres. 680 of these misfired and exploded inside Gaza, killing and injuring the civilian population of Gaza.
The analysis also misrepresents the blockade of Gaza, stating,
“Cut off from the rest of the world by an Israeli blockade of Gaza’s land, air and sea dating back to 2007, many of Gaza’s inhabitants are dependent on foreign aid to survive.”
It is true that Israel blockades Gaza to stop them acquiring arms, and the tools and materials to manufacture rockets. However, Gaza borders not only Israel but also Egypt. Egypt imposes the same blockade on Gaza. Israel lets a constant stream of aid material into the strip.
The New York Times is an influential newspaper with a circulation of about 375,000. On May 28 the cover of the New York Times featured pictures of children that were killed in the Gaza conflict. The headline was “They Were Just Children”. The introductory text reads,
“At least 67 people under age 18 in Gaza and two in Israel were killed during this months conflict according to initial reports. They had wanted to be doctors, artists and leaders. Read their stories.”
How much information the New York Times had unearthed to report on their stories is doubtful. The third picture on the top row featured a picture of a little 6 year old girl. However, doing a search by image on Google of her returned results back in 2018 when she had apparently been killed also. The anonymous girl has been used countless times to falsely accuse Israel of killing children. Again one of the main sources for the article was the Hamas-run Gaza Health Ministry. One of the “children” was a 17 year old fighter in the Hamas terror organization. Not readily apparent, but once again, a number of the victims were killed by Hamas terror rockets that did not make it. There is only one answer for such shoddy biased reporting and that is that it is not shoddy, but carefully crafted in a way to make Israel into the aggressor.
During the recent Gaza conflict there were demonstrations elsewhere in Israel in support of Gaza. Two Christians who do a podcast called the Joshua and Caleb report came across and documented a staged demonstration near the large Palestinian city of Nablus. There were a couple of Israeli soldiers quite far away casually watching, but otherwise there was no Israeli presence. Only a number of the press and many protesters throwing rocks at no one except an empty road. Yet there were constant “protesters” being taken away in Ambulances. The pictures from this staged protest are now available for sale on Getty Images, one of the largest suppliers of news images in the world. The Getty caption says,
“Palestinian protesters confront Israeli troops at the Hawara checkpoint south of Nablus city in the occupied West Bank on May 18, 2021, during a demonstration in support of those under bombardment in Gaza.”
This is a total fraud. There were no Israeli troops being confronted. There were no Israel defence forces or riot police to hurt protesters, yet the “wounded” were being taken away in ambulances. The press knew this was the case, but reported a complete fraud.
At the root of this bias is a believe that the Palestinian Arabs have a moral right to the land of Israel. That justice is on their side. It is believed that the Jewish state is a result of “colonialism” and that the Jewish people have no right to the land. Any historical connection of the Jewish Hebrew people to the land is denied. This is in effect calling the God of Israel unjust, unjust for bringing the Jewish people back to their ancient land. This is the spirit will bring the nations to Armageddon.
The trending hashtag on social media during the conflict was #freepalestine. What this means as seen on placards at demonstrations all over the world, is to “free Palestine from the river to the sea”. This is a call for the total destruction of the state of Israel. It is in effect a call for another Holocaust of the Jewish people. It is the hashtag of Armageddon.
This has been David Billington with you for this week’s Bible in the News. Come back again next week God willing to www.bibleinthenews.com
- Revelation 16
- It Is Done – Revelation 16
- Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell
- A Past Future Dystopian Society Is Now Our Reality, Kind of.
- Writing Fiction in a Dystopian Reality: How 2020 has Lost the Plot
- How to Respond to Cataclysmic Events
- The Ministry of Intercession
- Priests, Prophets and Kings
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in West Bank: health ministry
- Palestinian teen shot dead in clashes with Israel army: medics
- ‘Israel’ to expand illegal settlement unit in Nablus
- Israeli occupation forces deliver stop-building notices for almost 20 houses in Rujib town, east of Nablus
- Settlers, govt strike deal on West Bank outpost
- More than 60 Palestinians injured in IOF quelling of night protests in Beita, south of Nablus
- Horde of Israeli settlers destroy various type of trees south Nablus
- Analysis: Israel/Palestine
- Nine out of 10 children in Gaza Strip suffer some form of conflict-related trauma after Israeli attack
- A Closer Look at Corruption, Hamas, and Violence in the Gaza Strip
- Gaza reconstruction clouded by dispute over Israelis held by Hamas
- Hamas sends rockets deeper into Israel after Gaza airstrikes as conflict spirals
- Israel strikes Hamas site in Gaza
- Israel again strikes Gaza in response to launching arson balloon
- Hamas aims to kill as many Israeli civilians as possible, but its rockets place both Israelis and Palestinians in peril; 680 misfired and exploded inside Gaza
- Now Over 3,500 Rockets from Gaza
- Israel, Palestinian groups, agree Gaza ceasefire
- Netanyahu vows ‘whole new level of force’ if Hamas breaks cease-fire
- “By supporting the plight of the Palestinians, China is cynically stoking the most emotional issue in Middle Eastern politics in order to distract Muslim nations from its own campaign against Uyghurs”
- Israel must stop all settlement activities to prevent more Palestinian conflict: Garneau
- After the ceasefire, I struggle to imagine what is a normal life
- Jewish and Arab Israelis in Lod live under threat of future violence – BBC News
- Gaza’s only Protestant church, damaged in latest Israel/Hamas conflict, carries on
- Will You Be Ready?
Pingback: Is there a reason for you to experience a sense of brooding fear – Some View on the World
Pingback: The Strategist: Prospects for Israeli–Palestinian peace more remote than ever – Some View on the World