Since my childhood in the Old Roman Catholic Church I had been brought up with the Holy Name of God, though two versions of His Name were used: Jehovah (at that time written Yehowah or YHWH, later Jehovah and still later Jehovah or JHWH) and Yahweh (also later receiving the J for the Y and becoming Jahweh).
In the 1960ies the Jehovah’s Witnesses gaining more foot on the ground and the Catholic church starting loosing people to other faith groups and even having people (like me) totally abandoning the Holy Trinity, they started to create a hate against the Name Jehovah.
In a certain way we could see the growing hate against Jehovah, because most people, like still today, co-notate it with the faith group from the American organisation Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. In the land of the origin of that organisation we also could see a growing hate against non-trinitarians and users of God’s Name. On the other hand around the turn of the 20th to 21st century we saw also in the United States more people coming up for God’s Name, though they refused the contemporary or modern spelling which was by then also used in most other languages and as such said God His Name was not Jehovah, because a Y did not exist yet in ancient Hebrew, instead of accepting that it is exactly the same and in modern spelling it is agreed to write Jehovah, like others also write Jesus or Jeshua and not Iesus (e.g. like in the King James Bible of 1611) or Yeshua (like some also claim Christ his name to be).
Masoretic vowel points in Leningrad Codex allow for pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton — the four Hebrew consonants making up the divine name — as Yeho·wah’.
- Another way looking at a language #5 Aramic, Hebrew and Greek
- Een Naam voor een God #11 Y of J Kiezen
- Lord in place of the divine name
- Lord Of The Creation
- Anti Jehovah sites
- Al-Fatiha [The Opening/De Opening] Süra 1:1-3 In the name of Allah the Merciful
- Old and newer King James Versions and other translations #11 Muslim Idiom Translations
- Jehovah in the BASF
- Americans their stars, pretension, God, Allah and end of times signs #1 Abrahamic religions
- The Tetragrammaton
- Questions and Answers About the Name of God
- Blog 1903 Names of God: Adonai
- What is the name of God?
- Yes, Yes; No, No; Men are men; Women are Women. Numbers 30 – part 1
- What’s in a name?
- His Name Upon Us – Numbers 6:23-27
- Respecting God’s name
- Why is God called by different names in different ages? What are the significances of God’s names? |Eastern Lightning