Also the covering of the body does not have to be a typical Muslim phenomena. English celebrity chef Nigella Lawson in in 2011 choose to wear the fashionable long swimsuit with a head covering, which became better known as ‘the burkini” (burqini).
Proponents of clothing bans hail themselves as defenders of European civilisation and liberators of Muslim women from their patriarchal menfolk. they consider themselves to have the right to decide for those women whom according to them cannot decide for themselves which religion they would love to adhere and how they want to be dressed.
A covered woman, by this logic, is robbed of her agency – weak, oppressed and in need of the full armour of the state.
But those not allowing those women to wear what they would love to wear and to show or not show their body parts in one way or another are now deprived of their liberty to dress how they like and of their freedom to be religious in the way they want to be religious.
- France, Socialist government imposed a “secularism charter” = in every school, banning Christianity from educational system.
- Municipalities changed enrollment form for schoolchildren eliminating words “father” and “mother”, = replacing them with “legal manager 1” and “legal manager 2”. => = George Orwell’s “Newspeak”.
- “Day of Secularism” = celebrated every 9th of December.
- October 2000, Nice, 105-member European Convention drafted Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union => only referred to the “cultural, religious and humanist inheritance of Europe”.
- Is Europe going to become a dictatorial bastion
- On French beach French police forces woman to undress in public
- Women in France running with naked bosom all right but with covered bosom penalised
- France and the Burkini
- Not limiting others but sharing peace with all
- The surprising Australian origin story of the ‘burkini’
- Burkini a boon for Muslim women
- France’s War on the Burqini
- French mayors dismiss suspended burqini ban
- The Burqini Ban
- My Burkini and I
- What does it mean to cover?
- Dear white people of France: being forced to undress wasn’t exactly the liberation I was longing for
- In France, the Socialist government imposed a “secularism charter” in every school, banning Christianity from the educational system. Municipalities have already changed the enrollment form for schoolchildren by eliminating the words “father” and “mother”, replacing them with “legal manager 1” and “legal manager 2”. It is George Orwell’s “Newspeak”.
- After two major terror attacks in 2015, France, instead of promoting a cultural “jihad” based on Western values, responded to Islamic fundamentalism with a ridiculous “Day of Secularism” to be celebrated every 9th of December.
- This narrow secularism has also prevented France from openly supporting Eastern Christians under Islamist oppression.
- The empty 13th century Oude Kerk church in Amsterdam is now used for exhibitions and can be rented for gala dinners. In front of it there is “Sexyland”, offering “Live F*ck Shows”, a coffee shop for drugs and an “Erotic Supermarket” for dildos. For seven euros one can also visit…
View original post 121 more words