Lots of North Americans seem to have a lot of difficulties with the way people want to look at the creation. For many of them it seems impossible to take the creation as having taken part in different phases others than a day of 24 hours. They seem to forget that God has a total different measuring than our present time system.
In the United States of America many science professors say they do not think it is possible that a scientist believes in God. In other countries we can find scientist who were atheist but by their scientific findings and getting to see what was written in the Bible did come to the Christian Faith.
Over the years I’ve met many outstanding scientists who not only believed in God, but were also dedicated followers of Christ. Many, in fact, told me that they’d first become believers because of their scientific studies.
Why was this? One reason, they said, was because they came to see that it was more logical to believe in God than not believe in Him. No matter where you look — through the most powerful telescope or the strongest microscope — the complexity and the beauty of the universe point to an all-powerful Creator. In other words, believing that the universe “just happened” takes far more faith than believing in God! The Bible says,
“Since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities — his eternal power and divine nature — have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made” (Romans 1:20).
But my scientist friends also realized that science has its limits. Science can describe what the world is like, but it can’t answer the questions of why we’re here or where we’re going when we die. Only God can give us the answer to these spiritual questions, and He has answered them through Jesus Christ.
Don’t be put off by the unbelief of others. Instead, turn to Jesus Christ and open your heart and mind to His truth as it is revealed in the Bible.
…. Only in Christ, the Bible says,
“are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge” (Colossians 2:3).
- The mythical conflict of science and Scripture (1)
- The mythical conflict of science and Scripture (2)
- Science and the Bible—Do They Really Contradict Each Other?
- Are people allowed to have doubts
- Science, scepticism, doubts and beliefs
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 1
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 2
- Ian Barbour connecting science and religion
- Are Science and the Bible Compatible?
- Reconciling Science and Religion
- Science and God’s existence
- People Seeking for God 1 Looking for answers
- Challenging claim 2 Inspired by God 1 Simple words
- Challenging claim 4 Inspired by God 3 Self-consistent Word of God
- Interpretation of archaeological data
- Bible and Science: Scientific Facts and Theories
- Bible and Science (2): In the Beginning
- Genesis 1 story does not take away an evolution
- “Before” and “after” the Big Bang
- Is it “Wrong” to Believe that the Earth is a Sphere?
- A viewpoint on creation
- Suboptimal design and special creation
- Debating Darwin
- Living on the Edge
- Genesis Among the Creation Myths
- Other stories about the beginning of times
- Creation Creator and Creation
- Background to look at things
- Scripture about Creation and Creator Deity
- God, the Father, the Sole Creator of Heaven and Earth
- Something from nothing
- Means of creations
- Genesis 1 story does not take away an evolution
- The very very beginning 1 Creating Gods
- The very very beginning 2 The Word and words
- How are we sure God exists?
- Coming to the creation of human beings in the image of God
- Cosmos creator and human destiny
- From waste and void coming into being by God’s Word
- How Many Persons Created the Heavens and the Earth?
- Genesis 1:26 God said “Let us make”
- Sayings around God
- Attributes to God
- Experiencing God
- Incomplete without the mind of God
- Understanding God’s Word through His Creation -2
- A look at evolution from a Christadelphian perspective
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 1
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 2
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 3
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 4
- A dialogue about the earth moving and spinning around the sun
- Is it “Wrong” to Believe that the Earth is a Sphere? Inclusive the first generation of Christadelphians their views
- Ignorance of Today’s Youth (and Adults)
- Old Earth creationists and other conservative Christians denying any evolution
- Without God no purpose, no goal, no hope
- The professor, God, Faith and the student
- Book Review: Ann Gauger, Douglas Axe & Casey Luskin, Science & Human Origins. Seattle: Discovery Institute Press, 2012.124pp.
- An anarchistic reading of the Bible—(1) Approaching the Bible
- An anarchistic reading of the Bible (2)—Creation and what follows
- David Platt: Church Planting Is Key to Spreading the Gospel “In This Nation and to All Nations” (blackchristiannews.com)
With over 80 percent of people on our continent now living in metropolitan areas, the need for more biblically faithful churches in key urban centers is critical.Over the last year, I have had the privilege of visiting and preaching in many of the “Send” cities designated by the North American Mission Board. As I have interacted with church planting and revitalization teams, I have been deeply encouraged to see and hear about all the avenues God is blessing for the spread of the Gospel in North America.The rapidly shifting moral landscape of our culture, combined with the sobering reality that many of the most influential cities in North America are filled with lost people — yet are home to very few churches — beckons us to do more together to reach these cities.
God’s primary instrument for the spread of the Gospel here and around the world is the local church. We know from the New Testament that Christ is building His church and that the gates of hell will not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18).
- No Big Bang? Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning (basedheisenberg.tumblr.com)
The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein’s theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.
- How we read the Bible (standupforthetruth.com)
Sanctification is a long process, and sometimes we can lose patience with one another. What is the biblical way to contend for the faith?
- Abraham Kuyper: God Crowns Creation With Humanity (stream.org)
Read the article “Abraham Kuyper: God Crowns Creation With Humanity” here: http://blog.acton.org/archives/76377-kuyper-god-crowns-creation-with-humanity.html
- Being a creationist conservative in Canada ‘gives your opponents a tremendous amount of ammunition’ (themoderatevoice.com)
Alberta premier Jim Prentice’s hand-picked education minister Gordon Dirks told forum attendees last weekend that he was an “Old Earth guy” – a reference to a doctrine of Creationism that generally rejects biological evolution.Mr. Dirks has declined to clarify his views. He’s also declined to comment on whether or not he accepts the scientifically accepted understanding of evolution when asked directly by the Post.
- Subcrustal ocean roof found? – National creationism | Examiner.com (servehiminthewaiting.com)
This team could have found the roof of a now-drained subcrustal ocean. That same ocean, he says, broke confinement about fifty-three hundred years ago. We know that break-out as the Global Flood.
- Gallup: U.S. Population Highly Militaristic (stateofglobe.com)
“Which country do you think is the greatest threat to peace in the world today?” the overwhelming winner had been the United States of America.
- Old Earth creationists and other conservative Christians denying any evolution (christadelphianworld.blogspot.com)
conservative Christians gained terrain and could blown up the whole evolution thing in a ridiculous way. A big problem with the creationists is that they all undermine the normal Christian thinking and Christian concept of creation and the relationship of man versus the creation.