Happiness does not come just like that. Having today Thursday March the 20th as the International Day of happiness we can look at the elements which can make happiness coming into being and having happiness being the drive to bring more happiness to all in the world.
Important in our life is that we come to understand that we will be able to do more in our own live and in the life of others when we share the Christian brotherly love and the message of the Good News of the coming Kingdom of God. Sharing the peace of Jeshua (Jesus Christ) with others we can give them a taste of happiness which can create more productivity. Happy people accomplish more.
The world has become so materialistic they think all their productivity and gains of money will bring them happiness. But perhaps they may gain temporary worldly success, it shall not be a guaranty for happiness in their own family.
Conventional wisdom may hold that if we work hard we will be more successful, and if we are more successful, then we’ll be happy. Most people would like to hold on on that and would be happy having a great job. True without some good satisfying work it would be more difficult to build up the happiness. But it is not by winning that next promotion, being in physical good shape, belonging to those praised societies, that happiness will be fortified.
Recent discoveries in the field of positive psychology have shown that this formula is actually backward: Happiness fuels success, not the other way around. When we are positive, our brains become more engaged, creative, motivated, energetic, resilient, and productive at work. This isn’t just an empty mantra. This discovery has been repeatedly borne out by rigorous research in psychology and neuroscience, management studies, and the bottom lines of organizations around the globe.
Please find also to read:
- Have a real happy day today!
- Leaving the Old World to find better pastures
- If you want to go far in life
- Live …
- Being Religious and Spiritual 1 Immateriality and Spiritual experience
- Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness
- By counting our blessings we not only feel good, but we multiply our good
- Spreading good cheer contagious
- Bringing Good News into the world
- Bringing Good News
- Proclaiming shalom, bringing good news of good things, announcing salvation
- A Small Act Of Kindness Can Bring Smile On Million Faces
- Make your happiness independent of circumstances and others.
- Show Them How..
- Finally Happy.
- How shall the film of your life be?
- Rest thy delight on Jehovah
- Foundation to go the distance
- When discouraged facing opposition
- Be happy that the thorn bush has roses
- Suffering produces perseverance
- Partakers of the sufferings
- Compassion and Discipline
- If you have integrity
- Faith and trial
- Concerning Gospelfaith
- Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook.
- Everything that is done in the world is done by hope
- Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark
- The thought of losing rekindles the joy of having
- Joy is not in things, it is in us
- Joy: Foundation for a Positive Life
- Better loaves when the heart is joyous
- Happiness is like manna
- Thirst for happiness and meaning
- Happy is the person who knows what to remember of the past
- Happiness an inner state
- Remember there’s a light in the next day
- A concrete picture of what is to come in the future
- Living in faith
- Self-development, self-control, meditation, beliefs and spirituality
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
- The truest greatness lies in being kind
- Whom can we trust to govern us?
- Commit your self to the trustworthy creator
- Looking forward to the return of Jesus
- How Can It Get Any Better Than This?
- Freedom is mine and I know how it feels…
- Negativity Spiral
- Living With(out) Regret and Negative Feelings
- Happy/ hap.py/ ‘hape/ adj
- Happiness Log Technique
- Does money buy happiness?
- Secret to happiness
- Happiness Is A Feeling
- Finally Happy.
- 60 Things to Be Grateful For In Life
- Elusive Things
- Count your blessings and take time to help others
- “Count your blessings, name them one by one…”
- As We Count Our Blessings (a Mom’s Memories post) | It’s Not All Bad…
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Practicing Gratitude and Thankfulness
- Contagious Happiness
- Where’s the Love?
- Is Your Message Contagious?
- 19 Simple Things Everyone Can Do To Make Life Easier For Each Other
- My current easy dream…
- Watch out! It’s contagious!
- Gloomy Thinking Can Be Contagious
- The Reason Some People Always Focus On The Negative
- Hanging in there … Week #2 MKMMA experience
- Gratitude – I claim my power | faithgift
- Thanksgiving: Gratitude | Journey Through Recovery
- Sugar, Spice, and the Teenage Life
- Where is the edge
- Material-Immaterial, Physical-Spiritual — the whole of Humanity (geekborj.wordpress.com)
Humanity is BOTH physical and non-physical. Most of the “new age” philosophy forward either pure spiritual (idealist) or pure material (materialist).
- Immaterialism and Spirituality (onemanversustheworld.wordpress.com)
As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.
- Jehovah Shalom (joanofarc77site.wordpress.com)
I will keep my eyes focused on You Jehova Shalom and nothing will shake me from my peace.
- Laborers for the Harvest (viktoriaveigas.wordpress.com)
Sometimes Christians covet their fellowship with other believers and cluster together, blindly bypassing worldly seekers who are ripened for harvest. Perhaps not realizing their divine accountability for perishing souls, they busy themselves with church engagements, civic responsibilities, building maintenance, and other worthwhile projects dedicated to preserving the status quo. These are doubtless good things. Well-intentioned members sometimes question the value of evangelism or express this sentiment: Pastor, this evangelism stuff is all right, but don’t we need programs for people who are already in church?
- 7 signs your church could be backsliding (atwistedcrownofthorns.com)
Is your church following the Word and ways of the Lord and abhorring all that is otherwise? Is the fear of God, the love for truth and for God’s glory, and the desire to walk according to all God’s commandments prospering among the believers? When a church begins to slip it loses track of that which it must hold to firmly, it gradually and steadily drifts. Here are a few signs your church could be backsliding….
- The Difference Between Psychology and Neuroscience (athoughtonthemind.wordpress.com)
Most people consider cognitive neuroscience a branch of psychology but some people (often neuroscientists) consider psychology a branch of neuroscience. So which is it? And what’s the difference anyways?
To address these questions, we need to start with some definitions. Lets start with psychology. According to the American Psychological Association (and also Wikipedia), psychology is the study of mind and behaviour. Neuroscience, on the other hand, is the study of the biological underpinnings of mind and behaviour.
- Why are materialists less happy? (io9.com)
The latest word on how to be happy: be more appreciative of the things you have. Newly published research out of Baylor University finds materialistic people are less happy in large part because of their lack of gratitude.
- How Happiness Directly Impacts Your Success (forbes.com)
I reached out to Shawn to learn more about how our brains in “positive” mode versus negative, neutral or stressed actually give us an enormous advantage in life and work, and how we can influence our minds to embrace more happiness through our daily actions. This Happiness Advantage as Shawn calls it can be the difference between leading a fulfilling, joyful and successful life and living far beneath our potential (see his book The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work for more).
What specifically impacts our happiness and how can we shift it?
The three greatest predictors of happiness are optimism (the belief your behavior will eventually matter), social connection, and how we perceive stress (as a challenge or as a threat). If we want to raise happiness we need to make both mindset and behavior shifts.
What are the five key steps that we can take each day to increase our experience of happiness?
1) Bring gratitude to mind – Write down three NEW things that you are grateful for each day
2) Journal – About a positive experience you’ve had recently for 2 minutes once a day
3) Exercise – Engage in 15 minutes of mindful cardio activity
4) Meditate – Watch your breath go in and out for 2 minutes a day and
5) Engage in a random, conscious act of kindness – Write a 2-minute positive email thanking a friend or colleague, or compliment someone you admire on social media
- Shannon Polly, MAPP, to Present at International Day of Happiness Conference Sponsored by en*theos (entheos.com) (virtual-strategy.com)
Positive Business DC today announced that co-founder Shannon Polly, MAPP was selected to present at the International Day of Happiness free conference sponsored by en*theos, coinciding with the United Nations’ International Day of Happiness. en*theos, a popular website with over 275,000 members, was launched to help people optimize their lives and actualize their potential through providing the best content and tools on “Optimal Living.”
The International Day of Happiness event is featuring 19 speakers with the respected Master of Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP) degree held by less than 300 people in the world. Those with a MAPP degree are considered experts in well-being and the application of positive psychology.
“I am honored to be part of en*theos’ International Day of Happiness virtual conference. Their focus on empowering people to embrace their personal strengths and recognize their larger purpose in the world around them is inspiring” said Shannon Polly, MAPP.