How to Get to Know “the Mind of Christ”
To have the mind of Christ, however, one must first know that mind. Therefore, the first step in developing spirituality is to get to know Jesus’ way of thinking. But how do you come to know the mind of someone who lived on earth 2,000 years ago? Well, how, for example, did you learn about the historical figures of your country? Likely by reading about them. Similarly, reading a written history of Jesus is an important way to get to know the mind of Christ.
In Jesus’ case, there are four vivid historical accounts — the Gospels written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Reading these accounts carefully will help you to perceive Jesus’ way of thinking, his depth of feeling, and the motivation behind his actions. When you take time to reflect on what you read about Jesus, you build a picture in your mind of the kind of person he was. Even if you already consider yourself a follower of Christ, such reading and reflection will help you to “go on growing in the undeserved kindness and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”
17 You, therefore, beloved ones, having this advance knowledge, be on your guard so that you may not be led astray with them by the error of the lawless people and fall from your own steadfastness.*+ 18 No, but go on growing in the undeserved kindness and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. (2 Peter 3:17-18).
With that in mind, let us examine some passages in the Gospels to see what made Jesus such a spiritual person. Then, ask yourself how you can imitate the pattern set by him.
12 Maintain your conduct fine among the nations,+ so that when they accuse you of being wrongdoers, they may be eyewitnesses of your fine works+ and, as a result, glorify God in the day of his inspection. (1 Peter 2:12)
Next: Looking for True Spirituality 5 Fruitage of the Spirit
Dutch version of this article / De Nederlandse versie van dit artikel:
Find also to read:
- Does He exists?
- I Will Cause Your Name To Be Remembered
- Yahushua, Yehoshua, Yeshua, Jehoshua of Jeshua
- Lord or Yahuwah, Yeshua or Yahushua (Video)
- Jesus and his God
- Election of the Apostle Matthias
- Engaging the enemy
- If You want to start winning the war
- “Affluenza’ as defense! Wealth as get-out-of-jail-free card.’ 12/23/’13 (thedailyprophet111.wordpress.com)
Well that is going to change when we all put on the mind of Christ. This is a mind that knows everything. Because there is only one God and God is spirit. The spirit of God lives in every human so that a person who has the mind of Christ knows everything about everybody. Not at the same time of course but when they meet each person on at a time.
- Jesus Sets us Free (revmartyreed.wordpress.com)
Christians didn’t use the weeks leading up to Christmas— what we call Advent— for shopping and finding bargains, for decorating and parties.
God “raised up” his Son, sent his Son— conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin— to defeat Satan and set people free from Satan’s tyranny. That’s where Isaiah’s prophecy in the Introit come in. “Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit; let the earth cause them both to sprout”.
- What Does the Birth and Life of Christ Mean Today? (notesalongthepath.com)
Men of power feared even the thought of a man who would become a king appointed by God. Even those who had been expecting a savior king rejected him, for they knew what they did not want. “We don’t want a king of peace. Give us a king who will fight against this injustice!”We have always misunderstood ‘God,’ haven’t we? We’re here, caught up in a literal rat race, complaining every day about what is lacking in our lives and in others’ lack of character and their human foibles. Haven’t we all wondered, “How could our country have fallen so far? How could God allow all the evil in the world?” What is evil to you may be different than what is evil to me, but what is evil to God? (Or Goddess? as the case may be.) I suspect it is anything that keeps us separate from our true design—conscious oneness with our Loving Creator, our Loving Natures, our inner Peacemakers.
- Encouagement for the Day (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
The Lord said, “Confess My Word. My Word says that you have the mind of Christ, and the mind of Christ never forgets.” He started to confess that he had the mind of Christ and that was how his memory remained sharp for the rest of his life. My friend, the Word of God says that you have the mind of Christ.
- Seeking Christ (rthibeault2000.wordpress.com)
When you have Christ’s Spirit, you will find hidden manna. Manna, the bread provided to the Israelites during their wandering of the Desert of Sinai is symbolic of the spiritual sustenance provided by the Word of God. This symbolism is even greater when we understand the hidden manna refers to the manna which was placed in the Ark of the Covenant. This Ark was maintained in the Temple in Jerusalem, inside the Holy of Holies. It was found in the holiest part of the holiest part of the Temple of God.
- Season of Peace (lifereference.wordpress.com)
Peace comes from relationship with Jesus Christ
- The Healing at the Pool of Bethesda John 5-1:15 (danielleboes.wordpress.com)
when we change our thinking and enter into a “Sabbath” consciousness, God becomes the focus of our thinking and all things are possible. Whether you have struggled for 38 years or 38 minutes makes no difference. When we are ready to “renew our minds” to the Christ consciousness we become aware of the perfection that we are and demonstrate it. We have made it to the “pool.”
- The Gospel According to MacArthur: Examining the book The Gospel According to Jesus Pt2 (Nicodemus) (standforthefaith.wordpress.com)
Unbelievers do make false professions of faith in Christ, and people who are not truly Christians can be deceived into thinking they are.
Paul refers to this as “the washing of regeneration, and renewing by the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5), almost perfectly echoing Jesus’ words in John 3:5: “Unless one is born of water [the washing of regeneration] and the Spirit [and renewing by the Holy Spirit], he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
- Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday to the Lord Jesus Christ Aka Christ Jesus (shawneejohnsonministries.wordpress.com)
- A Christmas Story – Day #1 – Isaiah 40:1-11 And Luke 1:26-38 (tomhuff.wordpress.com)
- Messianic Prophecies (frommyheart2u.wordpress.com)
- Mary Did You Know? (devotionsinmotion.wordpress.com)
- An Angel’s Conversation (heartstreamssinglesandmarried.wordpress.com)
- The Events Surrounding the Birth of Christ (eternallysecure.wordpress.com)
- Angels Spoke to Mary and Joseph (ccwckidology.wordpress.com)
- An Angel named Gabriel. (amylwestdavidson.wordpress.com)
- Mary and the Angel Gabriel (ts4jc.wordpress.com)