We should carefully read that Word of God, given to us in the Holy Scriptures, the Bible. To get to knowledge and to find the Truth we should dare to put away our previously learned denominational catechism or church teachings. Looking at the words black on white taking them for what they stand we shall see the light and find insight. Praying before reading the Bible shall help you to get the strength of the Most High to enlighten you by His Holy Spirit.
Please do also find:
- Hashem השם, Hebrew for “the Name”
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name – Jehovah Gods Naam
- Jehovah יהוה YHWH JHVH God Elohim Yahweh Jahweh
- History of the acceptance of a three-in-one God
- About a man who changed history of humankind
- Yahushua, Yehoshua, Yeshua, Jehoshua of Jeshua
- Lord or Yahuwah, Yeshua or Yahushua
- No Other Name (But Jesus)
- Preexistence in the Divine purpose and Trinity
- Impaled until death overtook him
- Apple of Gods eye
- Altered to fit a Trinity
- Bible Word from God
- Why believing the Bible
- Bible in a nutshell
- The Metaphorical language of the Bible
- Bible teachings
- Getting to know the Truth
- Digging in words, theories and artefacts
- Prophets making excuses
- Listening and Praying to the Father
- Faith antithesis of rationality
- Caricaturing and disapproving sceptics, religious critics and figured out ethics
- Christ’s ethical teaching
- Conversations at the Mosque – Islam v Christianity (sianarulanantham.wordpress.com)
My guide was a young lady called Faiza who had such a sweet humble nature, it was a pleasure to talk to her. She had a profound love of God and a desire to serve him and dedicate her life to him. She was keen to share her faith and I mine.
- Reading Scripture as non-Scripture (afkimel.wordpress.com)
“By what right do you claim the Bible just for your church and exclude mine?” No one has yet posed this question in response to “Unitarianism and the Bible of the Holy Trinity“; but it’s the question I would ask if I were a unitarian.
- Purpose of Scripture (ebenezernohie.wordpress.com)
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
One of the major purposes of the word of God is for Instruction.
Instruction in this sense refers to Training That Grooms A Person. This is education that helps a person acquire basic knowledge needed for his personal growth and development and in extension the development of the society.
- God & Logic (believerinchrist0.wordpress.com)
Logic is essential to everything we do, including our reading of the Bible. If the Bible is not revealed through logical propositions, then the Bible is meaningless metaphors and fairy tales that have no point of contact with any kind of knowledge whatsoever.
The starting point for all knowledge for the Christian worldview is the beginning axiom that Scripture is the Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).
- The Scripture Cannot Be Broken (ourfathershavetoldus.wordpress.com)
Skeptics may pose certain difficulties in the Bible, evolutionists may ridicule its account of creation, and sinners in general may try to wriggle away from its moral constraints, but the Scripture cannot be broken!
many modern “Christian” intellectuals and cultists are following in the example of the Pharisees, rather than that of Christ, “wresting” the Scriptures for their gain but “unto their own destruction” (II Peter 3:16). God has spoken plainly in His Word. It is our responsibility to believe and do what He says.
- The Wonderful Word of God (himafrica.com)
Believers must have the Word of God and be growing in the Word of God to be disciples of Jesus Christ.
I must not take liberties with God’s Word of Truth. Charles Spurgeon said, “You don’t have to defend or correct a line of Scripture; it is like a lion—just let him out of the cage and he will take care of himself!”
- Inspirational week 44 2013 – The Word so strong and powerful (alexdekkers.wordpress.com)
we see how Jesus uses His knowlegde of Gods word (Bible) to be able to see through the lies of the devil and use the Word to defeat the devil. How wonderful is God that He gives us everything we need through the Bible to grow as Christians and being able to defeat the devil.
- The Word Comes to Life (chrissponaugle.wordpress.com)
I would think of scripture memory as another item on the checklist to prove to God who was really holy. Scripture memory was a burden to me, and I wanted nothing to do with it. Until recently.
Over the past few years I have spent time in the morning reading the Bible and meeting with God; however, during this period I simply could not settle down and focus, so I decided to try to memorize scripture instead. Honestly, it took awhile for any real results to show. I would memorize a couple verses a day in the morning, and then spend the rest of the day reciting them in my mind to make sure I didn’t forget them.
I was memorizing scripture and meditating on it little by little. Then it was like someone dumped gasoline on the fire and it exploded!
The Third Commandment: “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.”
The Westminster Larger Catechism gives a biblical exposition of the sins forbidden in the Third Commandment. Let’s consider one of the phrases found in answer 113: “The sins forbidden… are …misinterpreting, misapplying, or any way perverting the word, or any part of it…”
To mishandle the Word of God is to take the Name of God in vain. God’s Name is one part of His self-disclosure in His Word. God reveals Himself, He reveals His Name, by His Word. To misinterpret, misapply, or pervert His Word is blasphemy.
Consider what the apostle Peter says about the writings of the apostle Paul. In 2 Peter, chapter 3, Peter speaks God’s Word about the second coming of Christ, and the new heavens and new earth, the home of righteousness. In light of Christ’s return and the…
View original post 417 more words